9. GLOBAL DISCLOSURES
A. European Union and European Economic Area Privacy Rights
If you are located in the European Union or European Economic Area, WKKC will transfer your Personal Information to the relevant WKKC entity advertising the open position you have applied for. In such circumstances, local entities process your Personal Information as independent data controllers. You have certain rights regarding your Personal Information, which can be exercised through our privacy portal or by contacting us at.
Where we are processing your Personal Information based on your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time. Any Personal Information we continue to hold on this basis will then be deleted.
You also have the following rights:
- The right to access your Personal Information held by us
- The right to the erasure of your Personal Information in certain circumstances
- The right to have any Personal Information we hold rectified if it is incorrect
- The right to apply for a restriction of the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances
- The right to object to the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances
- The right to portability of your Personal Information
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority.
B. California Privacy Disclosures and Rights
WK Kellogg Co, our subsidiaries, and our affiliates (collectively, “WKKC”) provides this California Applicant Privacy Notice (“California Notice”) to explain our practices regarding the Personal Information we collect about California Applicants, why we collect it, how we use and share it, and the rights you have relating to your Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act, as modified by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (the “CCPA”).
Unless otherwise noted, the information below that describes how and why we collect, use, and disclose your information also describes how we have collected, used, and disclosed information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
In the event of a conflict between any other policy, notice, or statement and this California Notice, this California Notice will control as to California Applicants.
Personal Information We Collect, Use, and Disclose for Business Purposes
Under the CCPA, the term “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is publicly available, de-identified, or aggregated.
We collect, use, and/or disclose the following categories of Personal Information about California Applicants from the sources described in the Sources of Information section above. Note that the Personal Information we collect about you may vary depending on the nature of your interactions with us and may not include all the examples listed below.
- Identifiers, including real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
- Personal Information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), including name, signature, social security number, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, education, employment, and employment history
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including age and date of birth, marital status, race, ancestry, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or creed, military or veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, disability
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interactions with our websites, applications, or advertisements
- Geolocation data, including location data inferred from your device IP address
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, including closed-circuit images, photographs and video of you, and audio recordings as may relate to your application
- Professional or employment-related information, including skills, qualifications, work experience, references, recommendations, and other information included in a resume, CV, application form, or cover letter; answers to behavioral or other screening questions in an application or interview; information contained in any personal webpages or documents you choose to share with us; Information relating to professional licenses, training, disciplinary actions, and membership in professional organizations; and information relating to membership in civic organizations
- Non-public education information, including school(s) attended, grades, transcripts, records of attendance, disciplinary records, and other information relating to your secondary and post-secondary education
- Inferences used to create a profile reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
- Sensitive Personal Information, including Social Security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; account log-in, in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; Personal Information that reveals an Applicant’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership; Personal Information collected and analyzed concerning a Applicant’s health (i.e., drug-screening information); and Personal Information collected and analyzed concerning a Applicant’s sex life or sexual orientation
We collect, use, and disclose for business purposes the above categories of Personal Information as described in the Personal Information We Collect, Use, Disclose, and Otherwise Process and Disclosure of Information sections above. We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes to which the right to limit use and disclosure applies under the CCPA.
We retain the above categories of Personal Information as described in the Retention of Information section above.
How We Share and Sell Personal Information
We do not sell or share for cross-context behavioral advertising, and within the past twelve (12) months, have not sold or shared for cross-context behavioral advertising the Personal Information of California residents that we collect in relation to applications for employment at WKKC. If you also interact with us as a consumer, please review the California Section of our U.S. Privacy Notice for more information about our practices in that context. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share the Personal Information of consumers or Applicants under 16 years of age.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to submit certain requests relating to your Personal Information as described below. To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through our Privacy Portal or call us at 1- 800-962-1413 (9a.m. -6p.m. ET). Please note that, if you submit a request to know, request to delete, or request to correct, you will be asked to provide a name, email address, and a government ID that we will match against our records to verify your identity. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf; however, you will still need to verify your identity directly with us before your request can be processed. An authorized agent may submit a request on your behalf using our Privacy Portal or toll-free number listed above.
Right to Know. You have the right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, which includes:
(1) The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, including:
The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected.
Our business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, sharing, or disclosing Personal Information.
The categories of recipients to which we disclose Personal Information.
The categories of Personal Information that we sold1 or shared, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to which we sold or shared that particular category of Personal Information.
The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose, and for each category identified, the categories of recipients to which we disclosed that particular category of Personal Information.
The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
(2) The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete Your Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information. If you believe the Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you have the right to request that we correct such information.
Right to Opt-Out of Sales of your Personal Information. We do not Sell or Share the Personal Information of California Applicants, as defined by the CCPA. For this reason, this right is not applicable.
Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes to which the right to limit use and disclosure applies under the CCPA. For this reason, this right is not applicable.
Rights Related to Automated Decision-Making. You have the right to opt out of automated decision-making, including profiling, that we may use to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to your performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location, or movements. Because we do not use automated decision-making to evaluate Applicants, this right is not applicable.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights. If you choose to exercise any of your privacy rights under the CCPA, you also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us.
10. TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHER COUNTRIES
As a global entity, your Personal Information is typically stored in the United States and, where you apply for a position, the relevant country where the WKKC entity advertising it is based. These transfers may be to other Company entities or external data processors. If your Personal Information is transferred and processed elsewhere, we take steps to process such information in a lawful manner under applicable law, such as our instructions for the stated purposes under the terms of an agreement.
Please be aware that the data protection laws and regulations that apply to your Personal Information transferred to the United States or other countries may be different from the laws in your country of residence and different standards may apply to how your Personal Information is used and protected. We use appropriate safeguards in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that Personal Information is adequately protected. Where applicable, we may use standard contractual clauses to safeguard your Personal Information, including the European Union approved Standard Contractual Clauses.
11. CONTACT US